Your information and Platform
Platform is committed in respecting and protecting your personal data.
As well as detailing what information we collect from you, our policy also details how and when it is used to ensure your privacy and legal rights to your data. We also advise how best to contact us, should you want us to stop using your data at any time.
Contact us via email: email@example.com
Write to us at: Platform, 199 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, London EC2M 3TY
What data Platform collects
As soon as you visit our website, our web server will automatically record an anonymous profile of which website you visited us from, pages you have visited and what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This is aggregated data and does not identify you specifically.
We do store personal identifiable data when you volunteer to submit your information through our booking forms, last minute booking forms, guest list sign-up forms, newsletter sign up forms and Wi-Fi sign ups.
This data is any information that identifies you which includes first and last name, email address, telephone number, company name and payment details. We may also collect additional information such as interests, preferences, transactional information, demographics (e.g. age, gender and income information).
We also collect information you may have voluntarily shared with us or made public via social media platforms or information you have given to us as part of a survey. This list is not exhaustive and there may be occasion where it is necessary to collect additional information from you.
In this event, we will request this in advance of collection.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from minors (those under the age of 18).
We use the following types of cookie, as will your browser:
1. Analytics cookies that remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website and recognise visits to our website across different devices. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We use that information for customer analytics and to serve advertisements that we think might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites. Your browser may use similar cookies for similar purposes and to serve advertisements for others.
2. Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; to detect what device you are using and adapt how we present our services according to the screen size of that device; and meter the number of pages you view.
3. Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site by us or by your browser. They can allow the advertiser or your browser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once, to make sure you are not repeatedly served with the same advertising messages.
4. We also place third party cookies to enable the serving of our own advertisements, for example, for our subscriptions offers, on other websites. These advertisements will be based on your browsing behaviour on our website and will be tailored to your interests. The information we gather from your visit is limited to page URLs.
Why we collect information from you
We collect your data to enable us to:
– Provide a better user experience on our website
– Send you content that would be of interest to you through newsletters
– To carry out promotion activities and to constantly build stronger marketing campaigns both online and offline based on customer needs and wants
– Improve our service through reservation and sales by dealing with enquiries or queries and booking process
– Pursuing leads through sales and events
– Provide customer service on-site at Platform by understanding and appreciating our repeat customers to verify, detect and prevent any fraudulent transactions or criminal activity
Your right to ‘opt in’ to marketing communications
You have the explicit right to opt in to receive marketing communications from Platform.
However, you always maintain the right to ‘opt out’ of receiving marketing communications. This can be done in one of the following ways:
Selecting the ‘opt out/ unsubscribe’ links contained in all email marketing communications
• Contacting Platform using the ‘contact us’ form on our website
How Platform will store your personal data?
Will Platform share your personal data with anyone else?
Your data may be shared with third parties who are providing a service to Platform.
We may also provide anonymous or aggregate data with advertisers and business partnerships to understand customer trends and patterns, as well as maintaining our business relationships.
As Platform continues to grow and expand, we may share non identifiable data with potential new partners, sponsors and brands that work in association with us, this is purely for your interest in our brand. Please note, we will not be selling your data to any third parties.
Should Platform be sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers’ advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business. We will notify you should this occur and you will have the opportunity to request suppression or deletion at that time.
Third party sponsors and links from our website
From time to time we may have links on our website that direct you straight to third party websites and in which have their own privacy policies different to ours. We are not responsible for any data collected from these third-party sites and their use and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Will Platform transfer your personal data out of the UK?
Our website is hosted by GoDaddy in the Netherlands, as Platform is looking to grow globally it may be necessary that we transfer personal data to other international territories.
Our email marketing system is hosted by Mailchimp which is in the USA.
Our livechat client is hosted by Tawk which is in the USA.
Despite data protection and laws in other countries outside of the European Economic Area differing, we will always take every reasonable measure to protect your privacy.
How you can find out about your personal data at Platform
Please email us using the “Contact Us” page to see the personal data collected through this site that relates to you, to cancel it or to update your personal data.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
To ensure that Platform’s use of your personal information always complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), uses must fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in the GDPR. These would include: where information is necessary to assist in the provision/ payment of goods and services, compliance for other legal obligations, as set out in this policy, or protecting guests, colleagues and other individuals and maintaining their safety and welfare.
You have the following rights in regards with personal data held with Platform:
– The right to be informed about any personal data that we hold about you
– The right of access, update and rectification any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
– The right to erase or restrict processing of your personal data that we hold in either certain databases (marketing communications databases, for example), or deleted entirely from our records.
– The right to request and receive any personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
– The right to object to the processing of personal data for any automated direct marketing, profiling or any other legitimate purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, or indeed make a complaint about the way in which you find your data has been handled or utilised, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Our company registration number is 10474456.
Our office is registered at Platform, 199 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, London EC2M 3TY.
Last updated 20/03/2020